Monday, January 18, 2010

Cluster Seizures In Dogs Should I Keep Fighting My 13 Yr Old Dogs Seizures?

Should I keep fighting my 13 yr old dogs seizures? - cluster seizures in dogs

My dog is 13 and has had seizures about 9 months. We have put in PB, and worked for the last 6 months, until about 2 weeks when I had cramps (Group 1, all approximately 2 hours) now have one night we went. I might try a dose, I guess. A good life with the exception of the attacks, but is terribly by them. Is it cruel to keep the fight against them? Except maybe a slight loss of balance and hungrier than seems right.

5 comments:

Dont Litter! Spay or Neuter said...

I want to talk with your veterinarian to see if anything to help save his dog from the crisis, and the pain, otherwise I would think the best would be to euthanize humanely with your dog to end his suffering . Your dog will be peace in death.

catkeypu... said...

There are medications you can try.
Please talk to your vet, and they feel even enjoy your life. Ask to be very frank with you.
Also on the maintenance of diazapam (Valium) ask available to assist the crisis cluster.
Best wishes!

Sabrina said...

I recommend you go with your veterinarian and make sure that your dog is happy with his life and is not too much pain. If it is so the best thing you can do is let go. Many dogs have been known to hide their pain behind a wall of happiness.

Sabrina said...

I recommend you go with your veterinarian and make sure that your dog is happy with his life and is not too much pain. If it is so the best thing you can do is let go. Many dogs have been known to hide their pain behind a wall of happiness.

denise h said...

My friend had a doby and had spoken to the vet and the dosage, but when I do not leave one and if he lies to you do if you're not satisfied, then, but the only one who knows what's what now is the best

Post a Comment